Do you have an interest in under kitchen cabinet lighting? You can consult with our local Mesa AZ electricians free of charge. Dolce Electric Co has scheduled a local in-office electrician Mesa AZ homeowners can call for answer to all of their cabinet lighting questions from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM today, Friday, April 10th, 2020. Voted best electricians in Mesa AZ, they will provide you with the kitchen cabinet lighting information and options you’re looking for.
Lighting installed under cabinets is typically used as kitchen task lighting. Its purpose is to provide additional light specifically above the counter tops. It’s ideal for kitchens because it’s neatly concealed beneath the cabinets, which eliminates glare, and placement is directly where tasks are preformed insuring adequate illumination on work surfaces. When kitchen cabinet lighting is installed with a dimmer switch it makes for a great night light too.
Kitchen Under Cabinet Lighting Options
Under the cabinet lighting is available in three different categories that are designated by the type of lamps or light bulbs they use. The type of light bulb used in each cabinet lighting fixture has a direct impact on the overall performance of the fixture. Considerations include the color of the light, the amount of light delivered or lumen output and the life expectancy and energy efficiency of both the lamp and fixture. The type of light bulb used can also impact the size, style and shape of the cabinet lighting fixtures.
LED Task Lighting Under Kitchen Cabinets
- Advantages: Minimal heat radiation, very energy efficient, dimming, long life, best light quality, environmentally friendly (no mercury)
- Disadvantages: No lamp replacement if chip burns out, initial fixture cost is the highest, easily damaged or destroyed by voltage spikes without surge protection
- Lamp Life: 50,000 to 100,000 hours
- Style Options: LED Puck Lights, LED Linear Lighting, LED strip lighting, LED Rope Lighting
For additional information and options visit our under cabinet LED lighting page.
- Special Note: LED’s are semiconductor chips much like those found in your computer. Dolce Electric Co strongly recommends adding a whole house surge protector to keep your home’s under cabinet led lighting safe from electrical spikes and surges.
Fluorescent Task Lighting In Kitchens
- Advantages: Minimal heat radiation, energy efficient
- Disadvantages: No dimming, mercury in tubes makes them less environmentally friendly
- Lamp Life: 6000 to 15,000 hours
- Style Options: Compact Fluorescent Puck Lighting, Fluorescent Linear Lighting
Incandescent Task Lighting
- Advantages: Low initial fixture cost, dimming
- Disadvantages: Excessive heat radiation, poor energy efficiency, short bulb life
- Lamp Life: 1000 to 2000 hours
- Style Options: Puck lights, Linear Light Strips, Linear Bar Fixtures, Rope Lighting
Each fixture type has its respective strong points and weak points. For more information about a particular type of under cabinet kitchen lighting contact our in-office electricians in Mesa today.
- Special Note: Be cautious if you’re considering halogen lamps. They get extremely hot making them a poor choice for areas where work is being done. Individuals can get burned when accidentally touching halogen fixtures.
What’s My Next Step?
Contact our local in-office electrician in Mesa AZ. He will answer all of your questions and set up an appointment to view the job and go over which lighting options will work best under your cabinets. He will provide you with a competitive bid to do the installation and schedule an installation time that’s convenient for you.
Dolce Electric Co has been voted “best electricians Mesa AZ” and looks forward to earning your vote too. Our Mesa electricians provide a free home electrical safety inspection with every installation and all work is guaranteed parts and labor for life. Call today during regular office hours; you’ll be happy you did!